INNOVESIA’s Innovation by Design is a series of agile methodology workshops which enable people to open their mindset on innovation and to embed innovative culture in their daily lives.
To open the series in 2018, INNOVESIA holds the first workshop under the theme of Design Thinking for Business Innovation.
The workshop held on March 1 to 2, 2018 at Taman Tumbuh, Jakarta and fully attended by 22 participants which grouped into 4. Participants were coming from a wide-range background. Each group was given one single focus issue and must be working on what innovation they could have to overcome the focus issue. Curious about the result? Hang on! Participants should complete INNOVESIA’s Design Thinking Methodology steps ahead of generating their innovative outcomes. Here are the steps:
- INSIGHTS – A session to look for inspirations at surroundings, especially target customers; finding the real problems and what’s on the circle, deeply),
- IDEATION – A session where participants are focusing on how to solve the problems by contributing their own ideas to overcome the key issue that related to a selected topic on Insights Session),
- IMPLEMENTATION – A session to visualize selected idea/solution(s) through prototyping and deliver it through storytelling).
Now, let’s move forward to the innovative outcomes that generated by each group. Here they are:
- Group 1, Focus Issue: Financial, Prototype: FINNOVESIA. Finnovesia which stands for Financial Inovasi Indonesia is a financial mobile apps for people in the rural area to develop and grow their small business.
- Group 2, Focus Issue: Culinary, Prototype: MAS EKO. Mas Eko which stands for Makanan Sehat, Enak, Kenyang dan Ekonomis is a mobile small stall for affordable yummy healthy food made with fresh ingredients and cooperating with local farmers.
- Group 3, Focus Issue: Leisure Activity, Prototype: COFFEEWORX. Coffeeworx is a mobile apps platform for flexible workers who want to have work-life balance by getting a fast, cozy and affordable coffee shop.
- Group 4, Focus Issue: Entertainment, Prototype: WE SHARE. We Share is an online and offline entertainment learning for mums with kids who want to keep the balance of her social life and her duty as a mum.
We are glad to meet people with the same innovative spirit and we invite you to join us in the next session!